Bago ang lahat.... papasalamat muna ako kay Sir Erwin at sa Packers Mountaineering, headed by Sir Ace for inviting me sa akyat na to.
For more information about the group, visit its Facebook account (Click HERE)
November of 2011 I received the Event Invite via Facebook kaya mula noon I did some research. Read blogs about Bakun Trio, things to bring , etc. pero isa lang ang nakalimutan ko, kung gaano kahaba ang oras ng travel.
Although may itinerary naman, hindi ko na inisip ang travel time. So, travelling from Manila (Victory Bus Terminal in Cubao) - Baguio - Poblacion, Benguet total hours traveled was.... drum roll please..... 11 hrs!
The Poblacion is walled by mountains. Registration and Orientation were conducted by the Brgy. Captain then we took our breakfast (catered) and settled our heavy backpacks sa old Bakun Municipal Hall.
The Old Municipal Hall was converted into a Library however the place is offered to hikers as place to stay for free. Electricity is not problem however Telco signal is a major issue. weak to no signal within the Poblacion.
Mt. Tenglawan is consider to be the shortest among the 3 yet it has the longest trail. Mas makikita mo ng malapitan ang Mt. Gedgedayan along the trek, you'll cross at least 2 hanging bridges and if you are very keen enough or katabi mo ang Guide nyo he will inform you about the Coffins made from woods as they aged through times na makikita.
Tirik na ang araw at panay assault ang trail kaya pagod ang inabot namin along the way. Although parang reward na din ang mga magnificent, fantastic view na makikita mo... from the Rice Terraces, Falls from afar, Rivers below, vegetable farms.
May dalawang waiting shed and water source sa trail kaya pwede makarefill ng water. Pero tipirin pa rin kasi sa sobrang init matetempt kang uminom ng uminom ng tubig.
We reached the summit late afternoon and the place was already blanketed by fog. From my previous research, the first thing I did was searching the so called Carrot Peak. Our Guide pointed us to a direction that was covered with fog and advised to wait for clearing.
The weather was not that selfish that time and gave us a clearer view of the Peak and it is a shame if we would be able to reach the peak.
The peak seems scary but when our guides reached the summit quickly and gave us a signal to start the ascent, the team took its turn.
PhotOps, savoring the moment then head back to Poblacion.
Unang Summit: Check!
1. Sabi sa mga nababasa ko na mga Blogs, Mt. Tenglawan ay kinoconsider na Minor Climb..... the H no! I disagree, mahirap at mahaba ang trail at marami at magaagree sa akin.
- Eto lang masasabi ko sa 11 na umakyat. WASAK kaming lahat ng makauwi na sa Old Muncipal Hall.
- Kaya never underestimate Tenglawan cause hindi eto Minor.
- Alam ko hindi lang ako ang pinulikat during the climb :)
- A "socials" was planned after dinner, pero walang "socials" na naganap. Wala ng gana ang mga tao kaya after dinner kanya kanya ng higa.
2. Trek Pole/s ay isang advantage para hindi bugbog ang mga tuhod nyo.
3. Magcut ng toe nails dahil alam nyo naman kung panay assault ang paakyat kabaliktaran ang pagbaba hindi ba? so, masakit sa toes kung mahaba ang kuko neto.
4. Make sure may meds (or alternatives) kayo for cramps.
Lights off na kami ng mga around 10.30pm since gigising pa ng 2.30 for the 2nd summit.
2 of 3 - Mt. Kabunian (Bakun Trio)
3 of 3 - Mt. Lobo (Bakun Trio)
This is my blog...
My Adventures in Words
Social Media Activities
Travel & Leisure